Condo living can offer a lot of advantages for homeowners. It is a rewarding investment due to the ease of maintenance compared to living in a house. More often than not, condominiums ensure safety as well as convenience since they are usually located in prime spots in the city. The only potential drawback is limited space. Real estate developers like Louie Santaguida are aware that the lack of space in a condo can often deter people from buying. To circumvent this issue learning how to maximize your space may be all you really need.
A good starting point is to decorate it in a way that lets you save space. You can do this without compromising your comfort and the beauty of your place. How? Here are a few tips to help get you started.
- Stick with the basics and let go of possessions which you do not need nor use. For instance, instead of a large L-shaped couch, opt for a three-seater sofa or a couple of individual seats in your receiving area. This is a practical idea, especially if you are not expecting a lot of visitors.
- If you live alone and you eat out most of the time, you can have a bar counter in your kitchen that doubles as a dining table. You can use it for other purposes such as preparing food or having snacks or drinks with friends. Doing away with an actual dining table can free up more space for other items that you use more often.
- Aside from a bar counter, you can also use concealed counter spaces and flip-up tables in the kitchen area. They are both compact and functional plus they can be hidden in case you have some visitors coming over.
- A large mirror can make a room look bigger and can also give an illusion of a brighter space. You can put mirrors opposite a window to have an effect of having another window. You can also use a large floor length mirror and place it behind furniture such as a coffee table, to make the item look more prominent.
- For the bathroom, it is advisable to use white as the dominant colour to brighten up a small space. Add a splash of colour so that it will not look clinical. Colorful rods, cabinets, and rugs can be the colourful element to make your bathroom look vibrant. Again, make use of a lot of mirrors to make the space look larger.
These are just some tips to help you get the most out of your condo space. Decorating and arranging do not have to be stressful. You just need to prioritize and let go of some possessions that do not fit in your new abode. The important thing is that you have all the furniture, appliances, and other items that you need to live comfortably and conveniently.