Moving can be stressful and tiring, especially during the hot summer months when you’d rather be at the beach. We have put together some tips to help you and your movers make your new move run more smoothly. Here are a few tips for making your summer move a little easier:
- Find a Trusted Moving Company in Your Area: This is the first step for moving during any season. If you cannot find a recommendation online, you can start by searching with phrases like “moving companies near me”. If you are looking at moving companies in Simi Valley, consider that many companies have a good reputation. For instance, many people trust Attention to Detail Moving Company, for a swift, friendly, efficient, and safe moving experience.
- Prepare for the Move: Summer months are perfect for catching some extra down time or lounging at the beach. Adding the packing and sorting that are associated with a move can seriously put a damper on your fun. However, you’ll be less stressed if you start early and divide the work over several days. It is essential that you are properly prepaid when your movers arrive. You don’t want the movers to show up and only half your house is packed.
- Enlist Help: Finding a trusted moving company is important for the move itself, but getting a few friends to help you sort and pack things like clothes and dishes will make the chore more fun. Friends and family can be great company during the packing process. Invite a few people over to help pack and make it a party with some drinks and a light meal- you can even take inspiration from Carrie Bradshaw and model a few of your old outfits for approval.
- De-Clutter: Moving is a perfect time to sort through your belongings and let go of the things that you no longer need. Sort through your things and then sell or donate old clothes, appliances, and furniture. Summer is perfect for an old-fashioned garage sale- or you can go online to make some extra cash off your old property. Having a garage sale will help to free up space, get rid of old times you no longer use and even make some extra cash for paying bills or your moving company.
- Hydrate: Summer months are hot, and being busy, you are likely not drinking enough water. Staying hydrated will keep you energized and help you get through a hectic moving day. Be sure you have waters for yourself, family and even the movers. Making sure the movers are hydrated and healthy will make the move go more smoothly.
Of all the seasons, summer has the best weather and is a great time to move without having to worry about the cold, or the rain. With a bit of preparation, your move should be smooth, and possibly even fun. Summer is also when kids are out of school and have more time to move. Be sure you contact Attention to Detail Moving to see how they can help on your next move.